Something magical happens when you throw a few frozen bananas in a blender. You get creamy, dreamy, sweet, melty ice cream!
All you really need is one ingredient: bananas. And you don’t need a special contraption, just a high-speed blender (I used my Ninja). You can add whatever else you want to make your taste treat even tastier. My philosophy when it comes to dessert is… “if it’s not chocolate, get it out of my face”. So, follow my recipe to make delicious cocoa banana ice cream, or dream up your own flavor!
This recipe is vegan, low-calorie, and low-fat with no sugar added.
Cocoa Banana Ice Cream
4 frozen bananas (peel before freezing)
- 2 tbsp. cacao powder (standard cocoa powder for baking will also do)
- 1 tbsp. or 1 and 1/2 packets of stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Blend bananas in high-speed blender until smooth and creamy. This may take a few minutes, and some work with the spatula to scrape the banana bits toward the blade.
- Add cacao, stevia, and vanilla to blender. Blend until all ingredients are combined.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings! I used sliced almonds. This ice cream also saves well in the freezer, so you can make multiple batches at a time. Just sit it out for a few minutes before eating, because it does get a little hard.
Calories Per Serving: 110 (not including toppings)