Most of you probably already know this, but you need to burn 3,500 calories to lose one pound of fat. Every little bit counts! Scorch 100 calories without even trying by picking your favorite activities from this list. All estimates are based on a 150 lb. person. If you weigh more, you’ll burn more!
- Run or walk one mile
- Go bowling for 30 minutes
- Mow the grass for 20 minutes
- Shop for 38 minutes
- Take a casual bike ride for 23 minutes
- Swim at a moderate intensity for 15 minutes
- Play frisbee for 30 minutes
- Do the dishes by hand for 40 minutes
- Take a 2 hour nap
- Give the dog a bath for 27 minutes
(look at baby Dexter after his first bath!)
What’s your favorite way to burn a few calories? Let me know in the comments below, or e-mail me at email@example.com.